- Combat Application Tourniquet, the official tourniquet of most militaries worldwide.
- Made by CAT Resources, the original manufacturer of the CAT Tourniquet.
- Proven to be 100% effective in stopping blood flow in both upper & lower limbs by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
- NEW Generation 7 with Improved Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards.
- Includes reinforced windlass, stabilization plate, windlass clip and writeable windlass security strap.
- Full Strap Length: 37.5 inches/95.25cm, Strap Width: 2.17"/5.5cm.
CAT tourniquet, gen 7
Noted as the best prehospital tourniquet in the February 2008 supplement of The Journal of Trauma The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T® completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage. The C-A-T® utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
The 7th generation CAT has the following features:
1. SINGLE ROUTING BUCKLE
Decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, simplified training with single protocol application standards
2. WINDLASS ROD
Increased diameter, enhanced strength, aggressive ribbing improves grip
3. WINDLASS CLIP
Bilateral beveled entry, rapid windlass lock, bilateral buttress, added strength
4. WINDLASS STRAP
New reinforced strap, gray color for tactical considerations (Black only)
5. STABILIZATION PLATE
Reinforced, beveled contact bar, improved comfort
6. FREE-MOVING INTERNAL BAND
Patented band within band, truly even distribution of circumferential pressure