Touting unrivaled flexibility, SAM® Splint bends into any simple curve, becoming exponentially stronger and more supportive. SAM® Splint is globally acclaimed by emergency care providers, outdoor enthusiasts, the U.S. military, and even NASA.
36" flat-fold splint
- CUT-TO-SIZE - SAM® Splint’s two layers of closed-cell foam and its aluminum interior can be cut with ordinary scissors to adapt to any size requirements.
- MOLDABLE ALUMINUM - Flat, O-temper aluminum inside the splint’s outer layers molds easily, allowing for a wide spectrum of applications.
- CLEANABLE EXTERIOR - Exterior closed-pore foam can be cleaned and disinfected with bleach and water for reuse.2
- RADIOLUCENT MATERIAL - Medical professionals are able to take X-rays and CT-scans without removing the splint from the fractured or injured limb.
- WEATHER RESISTANT - Designed to function across the spectrum of global temperatures – from the Sahara to Mt. Everest.
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN - Substantially lighter than plaster or fiberglass splints, SAM® Splint requires only a wrap or tape to secure an injured bone or stabilize a joint